Under a consultancy contract with BBC Learning, I developed and coordinated the majority of hands-on research-related public activities at the BBC Star Gazing Live East Midlands Event (8th January 2013, University of Leicester). This involved:
- liaising between all departments within the College of Science and Engineering and the University Widening Participation team that were assisting in the coordination of the event
- training and managing 35 staff and students that ran the activities over the event
- development of all display materials, resource packs and risk assessments for over 17 exhibition stands running hands-on activities and demonstrations related to space research within the University
- Liaising between researchers and press covering the event
- Being filmed running asteroid ice cream for regional news (BBC East Midlands Today)
A selection of images from the event are on display in the slideshow below.